Ah, 1 more week and Mike will be HOME!!! I can't wait! It's been two weeks so far and I am ready for him to be back home. It will be nice to be a family again. The thing that sucks is that this is NOTHING compared to what the deployment will be like. The only thing that will be better is that hopefully the boys and I will be back home by then. But it will still be hard for Mike to be gone and for him to be in danger. I worry mostly about that and the kids. It has got to be so confusing when he leaves like this. Three weeks is one thing, but then two months and then almost a year? I often wonder what goes through Mason's head when Daddy is gone. We are going to do some things so that the boys can see Daddy everyday. We plan on having Daddy read a bedtime story every night, which we will record on the camcorder before he leaves....he has a lot of reading to start working on!!! I guess for now we must enjoy our time together and soak up as much Daddy time as we can!
Another thing we are looking forward to next week is Susan is coming to visit! Susan has never been here to see us before, so we are so excited to have her here. We have lots of things planned and hopefully will be able to do them all.
As for the giggle, I think Morgan giggled at me today! I say think because it's the first time he has done it and I always wait for it to happen more frequently before saying he giggles now. So for now I am excited to say that I "think" he giggled!!!
I am getting very excited for our trips. I have ordered some gear on-line and I received our first order today! It just made me very excited, knowing we have that to look forward to. I bought Morgan a little swimming trunk and rashguard outfit that is Mickey Mouse, and Mason got a Cars tank top and Mike and Mason got matching tiki Mickey Mouse swimming trunks! I love the matching trunks for Daddy and Mason. They are going to look so cute matching! Now, they aren't all Mickey, they actually have Mickey kind of "hidden" in the print, so I think Mike will be okay with wearing them. You have to be pretty close to notice the Mickey. So now I am waiting on our new beach towels I ordered from Kohls to get here and we will have our beach gear almost set. All we will need is another pair of trunks for Morgan and suits for me. I am not buying suits for me though until right before we leave, as I am trying to lose weight before our trip.
That's all for now. Lots of random topics that don't really flow together, but hey that's life for ya!
Friday, June 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment