Thursday, February 12, 2009

Zoo Day

Tuesday this week was a beautiful day. I had been watching the news and saw that it was supposed to be about 70 and clear. I have been wanting to go to the zoo, but the weather has been wintry and crazy around here so we haven't been able to go. Once I saw that the forecast for Tuesday was still the same on Monday, I called Jen and we made plans to take the boys to the zoo. We got to the zoo about 11:30-12:00 pm and it was PERFECT weather for the zoo. It was a bit breezy, but that's all it was, a breeze. The boys had on short sleeve shirts and zip up hoodies on and were perfectly fine. I kept Morgan's on him all day, but since Mason was up and running around he was in his t-shirt and it was perfect. A lot of the animals were out enjoying the day as well. Mason had a blast and loved all the animals. Morgan was very good and hung out in the stroller the whole time just taking everything in. It was his first trip to the zoo, so it was a ton of stuff he has never seen before. We were entertained for a while by the hippos swimming under water right past the viewing windows. It was amazing. I took a video, hopefully it's not too long to post. (I just tried and it wouldn't load...sorry!) All in all it was a wonderful day and I am so excited to do more things like this with the boys. I am loving that Morgan is older and Mason too for that fact and that they are so much easier to take places like this!

1 comment:

Lindsay Anne said...

Looks like you all had so much fun!