Okay, so we are not affected anywhere near the magnitude that Texas or Louisiana was but we did get a TON of rain and wind. The news stations had been saying we would receive the remnants of Ike and that in a short amount of time we would get from 3-6 inches and possible more in some areas. I heard the rain start last night. I heard the rain this morning when Morgan got up. I didn't look outside though until Mike got up for the day. After Morgan had gone back to bed I fell asleep on the couch and woke up to Mike asking if I wanted anything from the store. (To which my answer was, "No, I want to keep sleeping.") When he opened the door he said, "Our street is flooded." So I got up to look and sure enough there was water up to/a little past the sidewalk. Great. Our next move was to the basement. Luckily our basement is fine. I instantly started thinking of our neighbors who I know have had bad luck before. After talking to neighbors they have anywhere from just a little wet to inches reaching up into her dryer. Next I called Jamie and Steven and they had a bit in their basement but the bigger problem was Mike's grandma's house was pretty much taking on some water. She lives on a little lake and it was rapidly approaching the house. Mike went up with his two brothers and they sandbagged it so it would not create more damage. As it stands right now, I just heard from Mike and the water was all the way to her basement but I didn't find out if it was indeed in the house or if they had managed to get it taken care of in time. I will just have to wait until he gets home.
That has been our Sunday so far and it's just barely 1:30pm.
Another problem is GAS!!! Gas stations are running out of gas and only have Premium available....hmmm I think that's pretty convenient for the companies. It kind of pisses me off, but hey what can you do? I'm not going anywhere today, saving the gas I do have and hoping that I will NOT have to purchase gas at an insane price. Hopefully by the time I need gas the price will have went back down. And that's about all I can do.
Sunday, September 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow, that's crazy!!
Post a Comment