Monday, July 21, 2008

I think it just hit me that I have to leave my kids to go on vacation without them...

I was thinking last night about this. I am going to be leaving the kids for three nights/four days....was I CRAZY to think I could do this without some medication??? How did I so easily forget crying on the way to the hospital to have Morgan because I was leaving Mason for two-three nights? Why was I thinking this would be possible? So yes I am FREAKING OUT about leaving the kids. It's not that I am worried about their safety. My Mom is coming in town to stay with them, so that's not it. I am worried about what they will be "thinking". I mean how scary it must be for a two year old for his Mom to be gone. In his life (two years and will be four months when we go) I have left him for a grand total of 6 nights. Three of those nights were when I was in the hospital to have Morgan. And I do still remember how hard that was on him. The other nights were short at that. We left in late afternoon and were home by 10 am the next morning, not even a full 24 hours. And then there's Morgan. What will he be thinking? I am his primary caregiver. Will he adapt well to a new person? He is such a mama's boy with certain things, is he going to be alright with all this? How will Mom handle two mommy's boys? She will be fine. She is an awesome Mother and Grandmother, she will do great. I am sure the boys will be fine. But how will I be? I am quite attached to these boys, I am sure I will feel like something is missing the whole time we are gone. I am not sure how enjoyable leaving will be, but I am sure the vacation will still be fun. I am just freaking out.....

No comments: